Runaway Famous!

Friday, February 6, 2009

It's an open secret in the fashion industry that designers pay "wranglers" to round up and place celebrities in their front rows.

 "The front row of a fashion show is the red carpet to the world.

 “Twice a year, the entire world watches a designer showcase their clothes. And given that the front row is what everyone sees, you are going to want celebrities there representing your brand, wearing your clothes and getting their picture taken. You can imagine how important it is." For a designer.So important that designers routinely hire different celebrities and other wranglers to ensure that A-listers are seated in the front row or, better yet, are strutting the designer's stuff down the runway.

I once Remembered reading in  Vogue: "The contract to get Ricky Martin to sit in the front row at the Armani show 4 years ago was 23 pages long. And notice that George Clooney comes to shows in Milan every year. It's not because he likes clothes so much."

Like really Ricky Martin I have no comments, then just pointing  that once you get your 15minutes of fame everything and anything is possible.

 I remember in 2007 London Fashion week and was surprised to see Jill my friend who used to work for Vogue walking out of the fashion show. When she was looking for her seat I told her it was behind mine. Before you could blink an eye she stormed out.

If she had just taken a moment to communicate that she was upset about sitting in the second row, I would have told her to exchange seats with me. It is always more prestigious to sit in the front row of a fashion show, but it is not that important to me.

 Then later that day at  the Baby Phat show, I went up to a woman in the front row who I really thought was Mary J. Blige. And despite my better judgment, I asked her if she minded if I took her picture.

 “No.”

 No, what? No, you don’t mind? Or no, please don’t, get away from me you Fashion Week stalker?

 Quite dumbfounded yet again, I snapped the picture.

 Here it is. You tell me. Is it her?

Oh Lawd

But i cant even hate, it is the Good Life!

2 comments:

Diwa Zai said...

baby that is miss mary. LOL ur so dunny!

Anonymous said...

D that is SO YOUR post
dum face women fashionista that is Mary J the Great!

L my Loser friend.

still Love you Though

xx

Mart X