Coco Chanel

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Despite being born into poverty, Chanel parlayed her simple, clean sensibility into a decades-long run as the queen of Parisian haute couture. Her guiding principle that a garment is only luxurious if it’s comfortable appealed to women, and her iconic Chanel jacket is possibly the most imitated piece of clothing ever.

My Ladies and gentlemen’s Her genius can be summed up in one of her quotes: “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.”

The moment I have  been waiting for is here -- the trailer for "Coco avant Chanel" (Coco Before Chanel) is on Youtube!

Yipppieee

It's just too bad I  can't understand a word of it. The movie is all in French and so far we haven't been able to find a sneak peek of the movie with subtitles, but I was lucky I had my beautifull friend Miss Frenchy next to me yesteday and she was used as my ultimate fashion translator.

Audrey Tautou is gorgeous as a young Coco. While the actress is inevitably put in every role that calls for a young French woman, regardless of whether she's right for the part or not,she looks damn stunning, I love the simplicity and elegance in her look

Watch the trailer and tell us what you think -- will you be seeing this movie as soon as it comes out? I will be running to Icaria cant miss this one!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i will be running next to you
ddddddddddddddddd you are misssed come soon

Anonymous said...

im so excited to see this.

sabrina said...

Oh Em Gee. I So Wanna See This. I So Heart Coco Chanel

Anonymous said...

-C'est quel des deux la plus jeune?
-Quand je m'ennuie, je me sens tres vieille.
-Et ce soir, vous avez quel age?
-Ce soir, j'ai mille ans.