Vida

Sunday, March 29, 2009






My dear  friend Vida Samadzai was born in 1980 in Kabul, Afghanistan. She is Miss Afghanistan 2003. The first Afghan woman to participate in an international beauty pageant since 1974. She represented Afghanistan in Miss Earth beauty pageant in 2003 and was given a special "beauty for a cause" award at that competition.

Vida has earlier worked in Subhash Ghai’s Black and White and claims that Ghai has asked her not to leave the film industry. Ask her if she thinks the Indian film industry will work wonders for her, as it has done for some international actors, and she smiles mischievously, “I don’t have a Salman Khan to help me bag a lead role. In the Hindi film industry foreign actresses are instantly offered item numbers. It is not that I don’t want to do them...if it’s a good production house why not? I want to do challenging roles and would wait for the right scripts.” And there is more! def more of this pretty lady coming!

When i was down in India Mumbai we got the chance to celebrate her birthday all together it was a very fun night out, and we captured some really un memories togther.

 Two days ago at Lakme India Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2009 - Day 1 Bombay, India, our dear Vida  starts the show and walks the runway in the Archana Kochhar show at Grand Hyatt in Bombay, India.

Im really proud of this women, she is not just beautiful but indeed a very smart and sharp lady to watch and learn from..

 "I guess that beauty pageant helped shaped me," she says. "Because now I want to be 'the first' to do many things. I want to cross boundaries and milestones. I want to be the best, to do my best, to help change the world. I'm definitely not afraid of controversy anymore," she says, smiling.

On her life philosophy:

"Be optimistic and treat every individual with the respect you would like to receive. Because of the beauty pageant controversy, some women in the world consider me an inspiration. That's an honour to me and I treasure that responsibility. So I would never want to serve as a bad example for anyone."

Got her! hope Shoooo

 

2 comments:

Ali samadi said...

Dear vida,
Iam just proud of you, you have got it all,
talent, the intelligence,
you could be a great role model for our generation.

keep it the good work

I pray for your success.

take care

Anonymous said...

India is a good friend of Afghanistan. I think people of Afghanistan and India should support each other in every situations and selecting Vida as an Actress in a Bollywood movie is one of those steps