Not Ready to Say Good bye

Friday, January 23, 2009


Calling her just a "best friend" doesn't seem right...she was more than that. It's not fair that we weren't sisters. Because if you say something about your "sister", people get it. (Plus, most sisters probably don't love and care about each other as we do.)
If it's just your "friend", it's not that big of a deal. But she was a big deal. And I don't know what I'm going to do without her for the rest of my life. We figured we'd be old and senile, sharing a room in the nursing home and beating each other with our canes! And if we weren't senile and still remembered we were friends, we'd just hit the other old people with our canes! lol!

As sit here staring at your picture I can’t believe you are gone.
Today i am wearing the shirt you give me you were here, it stills smells like you my Sahar
I know I should put the Shirt away and move on with my life, 
but I’m not ready to say good bye. I’m not ready to say goodbye to your beautiful angelic face.
I’m not ready to say goodbye to the hope and happiness  we shared..
In God’s plan he only gave you 23 years of life on this earth.
My faith allows me to believe He had a very good reason for that.
But even with my belief in God’s plan I’m still not ready to say good-bye.
My eyes hurt so much I don't think I can make any more tears. I miss you Sahar, and I'm not accepting this and I want you back. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went through this same situation about 6 years ago. I lost my bestfriend in a car accident. It is hard but it DOES get better. I can talk about her now and not even shed a tear. I think about the good times, and I can tell funny stories about her. You are the only one who can decide how to deal with it. My mother thought I should go see someone and I did one time. I soon realized that wasn't for me because they wanted me to talk about her and nothing else. I needed to do it in my own time. Same as you will, when you are ready find someone you are close to and just tell them everything. Tell them how sad and angry you are. You will feel every emotion possible and thats perfectly normal. But like anything else, the pain goes away, it soon becomes something you live with and learn how to deal with. It may seem like a never ending battle right now but you can do this. Now don't get me wrong, I think about her everyday and miss her just the same but it gets easier. Please email me if you have any questions or would just like to talk. I would love to help someone else as my friends helped me. Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Again, I am sorry for your loss and may God be with you and the family and my prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. Truth be told - however - you will NEVER 'get over it'. That's just not possible. In TIME - the pain will become more bearable - but it will never completely go away. But that's how it is when we lose someone who we cared about and loved. Was there anything that you can think of that really mattered to your best friend? Did she have a charity she contributed to? [Or talked about?] If so - perhaps you could donate some money and/or some of your time to that charity - in honor of her. That said.... the best thing you could ever do in memory of your best friend is to be do your best to make the most of YOUR life. Enjoy whatever you're doing as if she is there enjoying it with you. As I see it - and based on what I believe - your friend died - but she is not dead. She is just - well - somewhere else!!! And who knows - maybe she does hear you when you're talking to her. So keep her in your thoughts and in your heart and be thankful for the time you did have together.